The Senior Center Supervisor Assistant is responsible for coordinating the congregate and home delivered meals program in addition to assisting the Senior Center Supervisor as required. Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons that may arise. The pay rate for this part-time position is $10.00/hour. The hours are 930am-230pm Monday-Friday. This position will operate our of our Orange Park Senior Center.
Qualification & Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, the person in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Valid state driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
- Valid TB test results and CPR Certification.
- Must successfully pass a Level II Criminal Background Check and drug screen.
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent organization skills.
- Previous experience in nutrition preferred.
Include the following while other duties may be assigned as well:
- Prepares the congregate and home delivered meals for serving and distribution.
- Assists in serving the meals at the meal site.
- Responsible for cleaning up after the meal.
- Ensures that the meal site is clean and orderly maintaining the standards of the Department of Health and the Department of Elder Affairs regulations.
- Assists in maintaining the attendance records at the meal site.
- Assists with activities and events at the Senior Center/Nutrition Site.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of all food received by provider.
- Identifies supplies and cleaning products that are required.
- Interacts regularly with the clients to facilitate a warm, welcome environment to guests.
- Maintains confidentiality of all client information and records in accordance with HIPAA.
- Encourages donations by attendees in the congregate meal program.
- Maintains security of funds that are collected.
- Knowledgeable of the DOEA manual and adheres to the written policy for the nutrition program.
- Assists in maintaining monthly statistics for attendance at the Senior Center and participates in the meal program.
- Follows the agency policies as written in the Aging True Employee Handbook.
- Helps to conduct an annual customer satisfaction survey.
- Takes an active role in ensuring that repairs and maintenance are done at the Senior Center.
- Informs the Senior Center Supervisor of any needed repairs or safety issues noticed in the Center.
- Keeps the Senior Center Supervisor informed of any unusual events or occurrences at the Senior Center.
- Keeps the safety and well-being of the clients as the number one priority.
- Is a “team player” and works for the overall improvement of essential functions. This does not prescribe or restrict other tasks or duties that may be assigned.
- Assists the Senior Center Supervisor as needed.
Measurable Evaluation of Performance:
- Inform/introduce Senior Center Supervisor to all new participants requiring registration.
- Ensure that all participants sign in as they enter Center 100% each day for meals, recreational activities, and nutrition education.
- Keep an accurate account of inventory entering the building from food provider as well as paper products, and cleaning supplies from local supplier. Report any damaged or lost meals including supplies not received to Senior Center Supervisor.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Work hours are Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually at a moderate noise level. It is required to work in a walk-in freezer for short periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit, stand and walk. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Anyone interested in applying to this position please email your resume to email@example.com with the title of the email “Senior Center Supervisor Assistant”.