The Clinical Scheduler is responsible for the overall maintenance of the master schedule in accordance with the Plan of Care and Physicians Orders. Inclusive to this position, the Clinical Scheduler/ is the source of information regarding patient visits and schedules for all disciplines. This position reports directly to the Home Health Program Administrator.
- Previous Home Health Scheduling experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must have excellent typing, data entry and computer skills with strong background in popular software programs.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Must successfully pass a level II criminal background and drug screen.
- Experience with Kinnser Home Health Care Software is a plus
- Essential Functions:
- Schedule all client visits per discipline under the guidance of the DON.
- Enter patient’s admission and discharge information into computer system in a timely manner.
- Produce daily/weekly patients schedule and verify visit frequency for all disciplines from the Plan of Care and Physician Orders notifying disciplines/DON of all discrepancies.
- Monitor and maintain patient’s master schedule. Modify and reschedule as necessary in accordance with Physician’s orders. All changes entered into computer system when applicable.
- Maintain productivity, admission and discharge information as requested.
- Generate weekly schedules for all disciplines, including supervisory visits, discharge and recertification visits. Daily assisting with coordination of care.
- Distribute 485’s weekly and as needed and supervisory schedules to all pertinent clinicians.
- Coordinate daily visits for patient care field staff as directed.
- Coordinate patient related incoming telephone calls.
- Provide computer generated reports as required regarding patient status and other data relevant to services provided to the patient.
- Identify any missed visits or untimely paperwork for visits performed and report status to DCS.
- Assist the data entry and other team members with problem visit entries not reflected in master schedule.
- n connection with coordination of patient care and clinical issues, the Clinical Scheduler will work closely with the DON.
- Attend meetings and in-service programs as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Requires light to moderate physical exertions on a regular basis such as: lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling and reaching.
- Carrying of light to heavy items such as books, papers, files, and medical/office supplies is expected and occurs frequently.
- Ability to sit at a computer for up to 8 hours a day.
- This position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
If interested please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line “HH Scheduler 3.2021”.