Helping to maintain people’s independence is the cornerstone philosophy of Meals on Wheels. For thirty years we have been providing hot, nutritious meals to homebound elderly and disabled persons in Duval County. This position will direct and supervise the efficient operation of the Cathedral Café, a congregate meal site, located within The Cathedral Terrace. Cathedral Terrace is HUDD funding housing for seniors and disabled adults. This position will work closely with the Meals on Wheels Program Director, the Nutrition Consultant and the Director of Operations on a part-time basis and will perform the duties outlined below. The pay rate for this part-time, non-exempt position is $17.00/hour. The hours are Tuesday-Friday 9am-2pm.
- 2 year degree, 2 years management experience or Serve Safe Certified
- Valid Florida Drivers License
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Comfortable with operating a computer
- Successful completion of DOEA and DCF background checks and pre-employment drug screening.
- A qualified candidate must have experience in customer service
- Demonstration of food safety and the ability to train and implement requirements
- Microsoft office knowledge and database management experience is a plus
- Experience coordinating and directing activities with a senior population
- Oversee the daily operations of the Cathedral Café senior congregate meal site
- Assist with ensuring quality assurance in all aspects of the Cathedral Cafe
- Assist with meeting outlined department goals
- Manage employees & volunteers and conduct periodic performance evaluations
- Assist with the hiring, training, discipline and dismissal of employees and volunteers
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Lifting capability of 25 to 50 pounds
- Climbing stairs
- Operating a large steam table
Measurable evaluations of performance:
- Oversee the completion of daily food temperatures and lunch attendance documentation to verify food safety and justify funding for Cathedral Café.
- Ensure daily activities at the café are in compliance with OAA contract.
- Identify any new clients within two weeks of new participant documentation.
- Report immediately and Document any incidents at the café within 24 hours of occurrence.
- Complete a weekly report to the Nutrition Consultant of the attendance and meal count changes needed at the café.
- Assist with the completion of quality assurance activities at the Café and for MOW quarterly by coordinating with the Meals on Wheels Director
If interested please submit your resume via email to email address email@example.com with the subject line “Nutrition Site Assistant PT”