This position will also provide in-home mental health assessment and counseling to address the symptoms arising from the stresses of the aging process and the functional limitations of that process. This service includes the development of appropriate personal support networks, exploration of possible alternative behavior patterns, therapeutic social skills, and identification of optimal interpersonal functioning. Counseling services include a treatment plan developed by the client and clinical social worker and in-home counseling sessions to resolve the presenting problems.
- Masters degree in social work, mental health counseling or marriage & family therapy
- Experience working with the geriatric population or in a mental health clinical setting
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills with all Windows Applications helpful; word processing, spreadsheet accounting and database and power-point programming experience
- Successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, including a level II background check and drug screen
- Must have transportation and be able to travel throughout community
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Contact individuals or caregivers referred for assessment or counseling in order to obtain information regarding the individual’s need for mental health services.
- Obtain authorization to visit individuals in order to complete assessments
- Provide in-home mental health assessments, mental health counseling and develop treatment plans
- Monitoring service delivery and providing crisis intervention.
- Will complete assessments, documentation, and billing for each service provided in a punctual manner
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Will attempt to contact individuals or caregivers referred for assessment or counseling in order to obtain information regarding the individual’s need for mental health services.
- Will obtain authorization to visit individuals in order to complete assessment as necessary.
- Will develop a treatment plan that establishes the client’s goals for counseling.
- May provide assessed individuals with referrals to appropriate services as indicated by assessment.
- May coordinate with other agencies individuals in obtaining services needed and desired by referred individuals.
- Will complete assessments, documentation, and billing for each service provided in a punctual manner.
- May research, assemble, and summarize information from files and documentation in order to track outcomes and improve services provided through Mental Wellness Programs.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Overtime maybe required at times. In all cases, overtime must be pre-approved by your supervisor.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Requires sitting at a computer for up to eight hours a day.
- The person in this position will occasionally (takes up to one-third of their time) to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with clients who have inquiries or questions. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Frequently in client home settings.
Anyone with these skills interested in a challenging and highly rewarding work experience where every day provides an opportunity for growth is encouraged to submit a resume via Ziprecruiter or emailing a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AGING TRUE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
AGING TRUE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AGING TRUE IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE