This is a full-time, nonexempt position and will be directly responsible for effectively communicating with external agencies and constituencies to process all incoming orders to Aging True Meals on Wheels.
Primary functions are also to include effective verbal and written communications, customer satisfaction, client satisfaction, daily, weekly and monthly reporting, file maintenance, client referrals to community resources, nutrition education, and any other duties needed to support the daily operations of the Meals on Wheels Program.
- Associates Degree in a related field
- Must accurately type at least 40 words per minute
- Proficient in computer programs, including Microsoft office
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to demonstrate effective customer service and problem solving ability
- Attention to detail a must and be able to prioritize tasks
- Must be organized and team oriented
- Must submit to Level II background screening and drug screen
- Must have patience and demonstrate a willingness to help the elderly.
- Must be able to work independently
- 100% accuracy in data entry and order processing for Meals on Wheels Orders
- Complete Daily Meal Count and develop route books for daily routes
- Make evaluations on referrals, assisting with eligibility per appropriate program
- Provide information and referral on clients needing additional social services
- Act as liaison with other social service case managers/agencies and hospitals for services needed/authorized
- Educate clients regarding client contribution opportunity
- Handle client complaints when possible.
- Check for client files and records appropriate to funding sources.
- Maintain client files and records appropriate to funding sources.
- Provide outreach, nutrition education and public education as necessary, to make eligible individuals aware of their own needs and services available.
- Assist in recruitment, supervision, coordination and training of all volunteers.
- Make contact with volunteer sites on a routine basis.
- Coordinate site visits with volunteer sites, hospitals and private pay entities to update training and identify needs
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Program Director with monthly and quarterly reports to program funding agencies.
- Coordinate the needs of clients on delivery routes with the Driver Manager
- Assist drivers with contacting the homes of clients
- Assist Program Director with overall program operations.
- Cross train with other clerical/support to provide backup for other positions and departments to provide continuity for all Aging True operations.
Measurable Evaluation of Performance:
- Completes all required pre-service & at least 4 hours of in-service training annually
- Expected to arrive to work on time at 7:30 am and after making home visits, returning to work prior to 4:00 p.m.
- Demonstrate safety, courtesy, and professionalism in all aspects of your job
- Must report any “at fault” moving violations or accidents within 30 days of occurrence. Violations and/or accidents that occur while conducting business on behalf of the organization must be reported immediately. Must submit to annual DMV screening of driving record.
- The number of referrals and type made will be documented by the individual per narrative documentation. A log of outside referrals will be kept to ensure follow up is completed.
- Contacts with volunteer sites will be documented and kept on a log
- Meets established deadlines for the completion of all documentation, including: telephone screenings, annual reassessments, incident reports, vehicle logs, route books, and leave requests.
- DOEA Assessment training completion will be required within 90 days of hire
- Achieve tardiness and attendance standard established by the organization.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Business hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Due to circumstances that may arise, overtime maybe required at times. In all cases, overtime must be pre-approved by your supervisor.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Requires sitting at a computer for up to eight hours a day.
- The person in this position will occasionally (takes up to one-third of their time) to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with clients, authorizing agents and foundations that have inquiries or questions. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations exhibiting the highest level of customer service. Anyone with these skills who is interested in a challenging and highly rewarding work experience where every day provides an opportunity for growth, is encouraged to submit their resume to email@example.com with the subject line “MOW Customer Service Specialist”. Closing date May 24, 2018