The IT Associate works closely with the IT Director to meet the IT needs of our organization. This is a full-time, non exempt position with an hourly rate of $20.00/hour. The IT Associate position plays a key role ensuring that our agency operates with the highest quality IT services available to all employees of our agency.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in IT, helpdesk or technical support.
- Microsoft (MCSA), CompTIA (A+, Network+) and / or Cisco (CCENT, CCNA) certifications are ideal but not required to begin employment.
- In depth knowledge of software, including Microsoft Office, Windows 10, active directory, common web browsers, Android / iOS, preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting networks, internet access, windows PCs and mobile devices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to form relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Must possess the desire to tackle and learn new technologies.
- Exemplary and demonstrable customer service & interpersonal skills.
- Valid general Driver’s License and vehicle available for mileage-compensated use while at work..
- Submit to DOEA background check and drug screening.
- Responds to help desk tickets in a timely and courteous manner.
- Monitors the progress of incidents and problems while providing timely updates to customers
- Discover, diagnose, repair and maintain all aspects of the end-user computing experience, including: desktops, laptops, servers, smart phones, tablets, wired and wireless networks, etc.
- Coordinates and escalates complex issues to the escalation and leadership teams when necessary.
- Install computer hardware, software, as well as peripherals following design or installation specifications.
- Assist in network and server administration as directed.
- Instruct users in the operation of agency equipment and processes, including but not limited to hardware, software, tablets and phones
- Assist with asset tracking of all IT equipment and peripherals
- Other duties as directed.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Due to circumstances that may arise, overtime may be required at times. In all cases, overtime must be pre-approved by your supervisor.
- Frequently lifting and/or moving equipment weighing up to 50 pounds for various needs.
- Frequent local travel to other locations to troubleshoot and maintain company hardware and software.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Requires sitting at a computer for up to eight hours a day.
- The person in this position will occasionally be required to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine, and printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with employees who have questions. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Will receive orientation and pre-service training on operations of Aging True
- Will receive in-service training pertinent to all services and community resources. (Minimum 6 hours yearly)
- Will receive access to a variety of IT training through online resources and training on the job.
Anyone with these skills that is interested in a challenging and highly rewarding work experience where every day provides an opportunity for growth is encouraged to submit their resume for review. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line “IT Associate March 2021“