The IT Assistant works closely with the IT Director to meet the IT needs of our organization. This is a full-time, non exempt position with an hourly rate of $15.00/hour. The IT Assistant position plays a key role ensuring that our agency operates with the highest quality IT services available to all employees of our agency.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in IT, helpdesk or technical support.
- In depth knowledge of common software, including Microsoft Office, Windows 7 / 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, Server 2016 / 2019 preferred.
- Previous experience in Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Data Protection Manager, Microsoft SQL Server, Active Directory, Sharepoint 2010, windows scripting, databases, reporting, group policy a plus.
- Must possess the intelligence and energy to tackle and learn new tasks.
- Microsoft, CompTIA and Cisco certifications are ideal but not required to begin employment.
- Submit to DOEA background check and drug screening.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible for assisting all employees with their questions about any of our supported software and computing platforms to the best of his/her ability, in a professional and courteous manner.
- Resolve technical problems with computer (desktops, laptops, servers, tablets, smartphones), Local Area Networks, and other systems.
- Maintenance and support of all computer software and hardware.
- Resolution of helpdesk tickets submitted by staff, including time tracking, documentation of work performed and direct communication with users.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Due to circumstances that may arise, overtime may be required at times. In all cases, overtime must be pre-approved by your supervisor.
- Frequently lifting and/or moving equipment weighing up to 50 pounds for various needs.
- Frequent local travel to other locations to troubleshoot and maintain company hardware and software.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Requires sitting at a computer for up to eight hours a day.
- The person in this position will occasionally be required to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine, and printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with employees who have inquiries or questions. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Will receive orientation and pre-service training on operations of Aging True
- Will receive in-service training pertinent to all services and community resources. (Minimum 6 hours yearly)
- Will receive access to a variety of IT training through online resources and training on the job.
Anyone with these skills that is interested in a challenging and highly rewarding work experience where every day provides an opportunity for growth is encouraged to email their resume to email@example.com and reference in the title of the email “IT Assistant”.