Summary: The Fiscal Manager position is a full-time, exempt, supervisory position which, as a member of the Fiscal Leadership Team, is responsible for financial reporting and all accounting and internal control aspects of the Organization. Reports to the Chief Financial Officer, and works directly with the Accounting Manager, Payroll & Billing Manager, and Director of Senior Services in Clay County. Provides direct leadership of all fiscal functions in our Clay County division, and coordinates with other staff in the general accounting, budgeting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll activities of the Organization.
Qualifications/Requirements: Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in business or accounting. The ideal candidate’s qualifications will include obtaining or aspiring to obtain a Masters Degree in Business or CPA license, with at least 4 years of overall professional experience in an accounting and/or administrative supervisory capacity. Governmental contract reporting is a plus. The candidate must successfully complete all pre-hire screenings. The candidate must also pass level II background screening and re-screen every five years. Qualified candidates also must have:
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and procedures of accounting and controls including generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP); thorough knowledge of principles of organization and management, administration and budgeting.
- Skill in making complex, accurate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with organization and departmental personnel, governing bodies, outside agencies and the public.
- Ability to analyze administrative and financial problems and make appropriate recommendations; and conduct and evaluate alternate fiscal and managerial approaches.
- Ability to apply accounting principles and procedures; ability to keep complex financial records and to prepare financial reports; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and technical terminology
- Proficiency and accuracy in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, 10-key calculator, and general ledger software packages
- Ability to prepare financial and other records in a systematic, neat, legible manner
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks/projects and rely on judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals efficiently and accurately
Financial Management and Oversight
- Full involvement and coordination with the Fiscal Department’s work; meets with staff to identify and resolve problems; assigns projects and programmatic areas of responsibility; reviews and evaluates work methods and procedures.
- Examines department policy for practicality and efficiency; develops policy for the department; develops and implements new accounting techniques, procedures and systems; modifies and modernizes existing methods and procedures.
- Provides information to the public and outside agencies regarding financial position and results; provides staff support on special projects requiring research.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local financial and accounting requirements.
- Helps compile annual budgets; provides information on annual budget requests as required; monitors progress and changes and provides the CFO and senior management with financial results compared to budgets.
- Analyzes and presents financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; provides monthly and annual financial statements;
- Liaise with external C.P.A. audit firm to coordinate and support the annual audit process.
- Job requires employee to be able to perform other duties as assigned
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Accounting general hours of operation are Monday through Friday; 8:30a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Must be able to see both near and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds with minimal effort following required safety guidelines.
- Must be able to work in an office environment.
- Must be able to bend or stoop frequently at many intervals during the day.
- Must be able to twist and rotate 180 degrees during each day.
- Must be able to sit at and work on a computer for at least 8 hours a day.
- Must be able to handle stress when confronted with emergency situations with which speed is essential.
Anyone with these skills who is interested in a challenging and highly rewarding work experience where every day provides an opportunity for growth, is encouraged to email their resume to email@example.com with the Subject Line “Fiscal Manager 10/2019”