Summary: This is a full-time non-supervisory position which is a senior accounting position responsible for duties in the accounting department. This position is eligible for all of our full-time benefits including vacation, sick, health, dental and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement. This position’s area of responsibility consists of performing a variety of tasks which include but are not limited to payroll, accounts payable, month-end close, reconciliations, contract billing, analysis, and managerial reports, as well as special projects assigned by management. These duties require the ability to perform a variety of accounting tasks by applying the accepted and/or approved policies and procedures of the accounting department.
Qualifications/Requirements: Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in finance or accounting and at least three (3) years of experience in fiscal and accounting fields of work. Previous experience with ADP or another outsourced payroll service is a plus. The candidate must successfully complete all pre-hire screenings. The candidate must also pass level II background screening and re-screen every five years. Qualified candidates also:
- Must have math, reading and writing abilities
- Must be able to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and technical terminology
- Must have proficiency and accuracy in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, 10-key calculator and general ledger software
- Must be able to perform a volume of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy, to make difficult mathematical computations with and without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to prepare financial and other records in a systematic, neat, legible manner
- Must be able to follow company and client policies, rules and regulations.
- Must have working knowledge of financial concepts, practices and procedures, with the ability to apply according to the policy and procedures of the accounting department and/or organization
- Must be able prioritize multiple tasks/projects and rely on judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals efficiently and accurately
- Must be able to communicate on multiple levels using a variety of methods effectively with customers and clients
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of accounting information
- Must be detailed oriented and possess analytical skills
- Job requires periodic travel to and work from the agency’s Clay County offices located in Green Cove Springs.
- Job requires employee to reconcile program billing and receivables monthly.
- Job requires employee to assist with entering all billing into systems when needed (CIRTS, Serv Tracker, Medicaid, etc)
- Job requires employee to complete process of reconciling monthly vendor billing and provide monthly billing analysis.
- Job requires employee to prepare financial reports with regards to accounts receivable and/or accounts payable for purposes of analysis within the department and/or organization
- Job requires employee to prepare monthly invoices for various programs.
- Job requires employee to prepare monthly cash receipts.
- Job requires employee to assist with audit related issues and projects
- Job requires employee to analyze expenses, including comparisons to forecasted results and trended results
- Job requires Ad Hoc analysis as needed
- Job requires employee to prepare correspondence as needed within the department
- Job requires employee to assist the Accounting Manager, as necessary, in the compilation of monthly, quarterly and special reports as required by funding agencies.
- Job requires employee to be able to perform other duties as assigned
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Accounting general hours of operation are Monday through Friday; 8:30a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Due to circumstances that may arise, the job may require more than forty hours.
- Must be able to see both near and far.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds with minimal effort following required safety guidelines.
- Must be able to work in an office environment.
- Must be able to bend or stoop frequently at many intervals during the day.
- Must be able to twist and rotate 180 degrees during each day.
- Must be able to sit at and work on a computer for at least 8 hours a day.
- Must be able to handle stress when confronted with emergency situations with which speed is essential.
Anyone with these skills who is interested in a challenging and highly rewarding work experience where every day provides an opportunity for growth is encouraged to email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference in the title of the email “Fiscal Assistant III”.