Position: Director of Development
Department: Development and Fundraising
Employment Status: Full-time
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Director of Development position is responsible for Aging True’s fundraising efforts by providing strategic and administrative leadership. The job includes fund development, information management, marketing, public relations, financial administration and fiscal reporting while implementing fundraising activities for our regular programs. The Director of Development reports directly to and works closely with the Chief Executive Officer and communicates regularly with the Board of Directors.
- Directs a fund development program that includes the annual fund plan, foundation and corporate gifts, special events and planned giving
- Oversees and implements strategies that will grow annual revenue, writes proposals and secures funding from corporate and foundation donors
- Leads strategies to identify, prioritize, cultivate, solicit, recognize and steward all donors and prospects
- Assists CEO and the board of directors in managing portfolios of major donors and prospects
- Responsible for the public image of Aging True through communications and public relations programs
- Prepares annual development plan to corresponding budget
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Minimum three years experience in charitable fund development
- Demonstrated success in securing major and annual gifts from foundations and corporations
- Demonstrated success in meeting annual fund goals, development management, grant-writing, sponsorships and special events
- Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships with staff, volunteers and donors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge software preferred
- Strong knowledge of principles, ethics and practices of successful fundraising
- Ability to lead multiple long and short-term projects simultaneously, meeting all related deadlines
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills to effectively work with a variety of people and personalities
- The job includes fund development, information management, marketing, public relations, financial administration and fiscal reporting while implementing fundraising activities for our regular programs.
- Director of Development manages the collecting and imputing of programmatic statistics, personnel information and client data to be utilized in Annual Report, promotional events, various campaigns and creating communications programs that effectively describe Aging True.
- Coordinates and assists in all activities that include developing community image including brochures, website, graphics, photographs, telephone contact/follow up, printing, special events, and donor solicitations.
- Conducts or supervises the research and design materials that promote the organization and its programs, including redesigning brochures and flyers for departments of Aging True.
- Supervises the maintenance of the database of client quotes, current photographs, news clippings and media mentions of Aging True Board members, clients, staff, community at large that we serve, etc.
- Supervises the research and development of content for publication of brochures, newsletters, annual report, marketing presentations, sponsorship contact and solicitations.
- Maintains Raiser’s Edge database. Prepares and provides ELT with quarterly reports as requested.
- Manages organizational wide mass mailing lists, coded by category.
- Manages grant calendar including researching and culls funding streams.
- Maintains ongoing relationship with Golf Committee and supervises development staff to maintain notebooks, revenue/expense reports, sponsor reports, presentation boards, and luncheon needs.
- Assists in coordination of Fundraising Committee, maintains accounts and reports related to Committee.
- Prepares and implements mail projects of all sizes.
- Maintaining an Access Vehicle Inventory database and Supply Inventory database
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Cathedral Foundation of Jacksonville, Inc. management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Anyone interested in a challenging and highly rewarding work experience, where every day provides an opportunity for growth, is encouraged to submit their resume to email@example.com with the title “DevDirector2019“. The closing date for this position is January 6th, 2019.
AGING TRUE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
AGING TRUE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AGING TRUE IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE