The Development Coordinator position is a critical position within the Development Department and reports directly to the Director of Development. The position has significant communication with other department managers and outside constituency representatives. Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
The Development Coordinator assumes the primary responsibility for managing and coordinating all designated events and projects as assigned by the Director of Development. This responsibility includes not only the coordination of the events, but oversight and management of events to ensure they meet all financial, personnel and operational targets and deadlines.
The Development Coordinator will assist the Director of Development with fund raising activities including fund development, donor relations, and special events. The Development Coordinator will assist the Development department in achieving marketing, fundraising and public relations goals and objectives.
The position provides administrative support for the donor database, mailings, acknowledgements, and recognition. Additionally, the position provides assistance with cultivation, stewardship and appreciation and assists with messaging and communications strategies, including marketing, public relations and social media related to development and fund raising efforts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years’ work experience within the nonprofit organization environment. Experience managing development databases and proficiency in database administration, prospect and constituent management, data imports and exports, developing reports preferred.
- Proficiency with Raisers Edge is strongly preferred.
- Must have knowledge of the development process: identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills, along with strong organizational skills.
- Certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of intermediate software packages (word, publisher, power point, excel, spreadsheets, graphics, desktop publishing programs, photo manipulation programs, etc.) and the use of relational databases and operating systems (Windows XP, Raisers Edge, Constant Contact, etc).
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time, relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Experience managing special events.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- The Development Coordinator will focus on the following areas: 1) Project Management, 2) Donor base Management System and 3) Fund development
- The Development Coordinator will create and implement a corresponding project plans which, will include execution of essential functions of the plan and manage the associated donor relationships to achieve the project goals.
- Work closely with the Director of Development to execute fund development goals, programs and plans.
- Manage and supervise data entry for gift records, so that the processing, tracking, reporting and acknowledgement of gifts are performed an accurate and timely fashion. Ensure that the data derived from these activities is maintained, continuously updated, and easily accessible
- Assist in reconciling donor database entries with the general ledger via Business Services; Identify, develop, implement and maintain database policies and procedures as related to all fundraising activities. Document and regularly update procedures manual
- Create development activity, fund raising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Provide training and technical support for the donor database to centers including trouble shooting. This includes, but is not limited to developing and updating written training materials and developing and delivery of online and face-to-face training as needed
- Produce targeted mailing lists for communications, solicitations, invitations, etc., for Advancement staff and for other constituents.
- Provide staff support to monthly golf tournament committee meetings. Work with committee chair to schedule and send notice of meetings, provide materials and information as needed and requested, and take and distribute meeting minutes.
- Assist in the creation and delivery of news and other information to both the internal and external audiences. This may include internal Development Media Spotlight email and marketing materials for other special projects.
- Performs various basic tasks surrounding media relations including composing press releases and maintaining a media contact list
- Procure organization photos, event photos, and photo releases.
- Maintains the media and social media calendars and timelines and provides accurate and updated information on website and or employee intranet.
- Assist Director of Development in collecting programmatic statistics, personnel information and client data to be utilized in Annual Report, promotional events, various campaigns and creating communications programs that effectively describe Aging True.
- Coordinates and assists in all activities that include developing community image including brochures, website, graphics, photographs, telephone contact/follow up, printing, special events, and donor solicitations.
- Research, develop and design materials content for publication of newsletters, annual report, sponsorship contact and solicitations and other fund development related materials.
- Maintain client quotes, current photographs, news clippings and media mentions of Aging True Board members, clients, staff, community at large that we serve, etc.
- Maintains grant calendar including researching and culls funding streams; research and assist with core writing needs.
- Research and maintains estimates, costs, vendor contact and pricing information, etc. for Development projects, promotions, etc.
- Maintains all development project files, revenue/expense reports, sponsor reports, presentation boards, and luncheon needs.
- Assists in coordination of Fundraising Committee and maintains accounts and reports related to Committee.
- Prepares and implements mail projects.
- Will receive pre-service and orientation training on operational aspects of Aging True.
- Will receive in-service training on pertinent topics as schedule permits.
Anyone with these skills that is interested in a challenging and highly rewarding work experience where every day provides an opportunity for growth is encouraged to email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference in the title of the email, Job Title: Development Coordinator 9/2019