Helping to maintain people’s independence is the cornerstone philosophy of Meals on Wheels. Since 1974 we have been providing hot, nutritious meals to homebound elderly and disabled persons in Duval County. All MOW Drivers/Deliverers will be directly responsible to the Driver Manager. The major function of the Meals on Wheels Hybrid Ambassador is to deliver meals in a safe and timely manner with exceptional care, while providing information and referral as well as the highest level of customer service. This position also supports the daily operation of the Cathedral Café, a congregate meal site located within The Cathedral Terrace. Cathedral Terrace is HUDD funding housing for seniors and disabled adults.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Previous foodservice delivery experience preferred
- CPR Certified
- Proficient reading and writing comprehension skills
- Must communicate and relate well with the elderly
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the State of Florida
- Demonstration of food safety and the ability to train and implement requirements
- Must have a current Motor Vehicle Record with no more than two (2) moving violations and no more than one (1) at fault accidents within the past three (3) years. No DUI’s or DWI’s reported within the last five (5) years.
- Must submit to Level 2 background screening, drug testing and National Sex Offender Public Registry screening.
- Previous experience in food serving to large groups preferred
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Lifting capability of up to 50 pounds repeatedly
- Climbing stairs repeatedly
- Entering and exiting vehicles repeatedly up to 200 times per day that have a high ground clearance
- Operating a steam table at the congregate meal site, Cathedral Café.
- Capable of working in a team-oriented environment
- Ensuring that clients are eligible for continued service by ongoing observation
- Helping identify clients who are in need of further assistance and programs
- Bringing unmet needs to the attention of the Meals on Wheels Driver Manager
- Providing a positive impact while representing the agency when operating vehicles and interacting with clients and volunteers
- Wash exterior and clean interior of vehicles as assigned
- Assist in the daily operations of the Cathedral Café senior congregate meal site, with the ability to operate Café on as needed basis.
- When assigned to work the Café, help coordinate/supervisor the volunteers assigned to the site.
Please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line “Driver Hybrid April 2021” for consideration.
Aging True Senior Services