Helping to maintain people’s independence is the cornerstone philosophy of Meals on Wheels. For forty years we have been providing hot, nutritious meals to home-bound elderly and disabled persons in Duval and now Clay County. This position will be directly responsible for referrals regarding potential clients in Clay County. Primary functions are also to include outreach, client eligibility/assessments, client education regarding funding, file maintenance, client counseling, nutrition education, and any other duties needed to support the daily operations of the Meals on Wheels Program.
This FT position also has access to all of our full time benefits (health, dental, vision insurance, paid time off, etc). The hours are Monday-Friday 830am-5pm.
- Bachelor’s Degree or applicable experience
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license
- Must have a current Motor Vehicle Record with no more than two (2) moving violations and no more than one (1) at fault accidents within the past three (3) years. No DUI’s or DWI’s reported within the last five (5) years.
- Must possess excellent communication and people skills
- Must be organized and team oriented
- Proficiency in computer programs, including Microsoft office
- Attention to detail and data accuracy is a must
- Must submit to Level 2 background screening, drug testing and National Sex Offender Public Registry screening.
- Make evaluations on referrals, determining eligibility per appropriate Nutrition program guidelines.
- Provide information and referral on clients needing additional social services.
- Act as liaison with other social service case managers/agencies for services.
- Verify services in place for 100% of deliveries made.
- Educate clients regarding client contribution opportunity.
- Handle client complaints when possible.
- Make eligibility re-determinations/assessments on schedule as required by funding agencies.
- Maintain client files and records/reports appropriate documentation to the correct funding sources.
- Provide outreach, nutrition education and public education as necessary, to make eligible individuals aware of their own needs and services available.
- Visit volunteer sites on a routine basis.
- Assist in the development of new volunteer satellite centers for delivery of meals.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Program Director MOW with monthly reports regarding funding and billing of services.
- Assist delivery drivers with contacting clients if there are any issues with their delivery.
- Assist Program Director with overall program operations.
- Cross train with other clerical/support to provide backup for other positions and departments to provide continuity for all Aging True operations.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Due to circumstances that may arise, overtime maybe required at times. In all cases, overtime must be pre-approved by your supervisor.
- Requires visiting potential MOW clients in their homes to complete assessments/referrals almost on a daily basis.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Requires sitting at a computer for up to eight hours a day.
- The person in this position will occasionally (takes up to one-third of their time) to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with clients who have inquiries or questions. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Lifting capability of 25 to 50 pounds
Anyone with these skills who is interested in a challenging and highly rewarding work experience where every day provides an opportunity for growth, is encouraged to submit their resume. Please submit your resume via email to the following address email@example.com with the Subject Line “Certification Specialist Clay”