Helping to maintain people’s independence is the cornerstone philosophy of Meals on Wheels. For forty years we have been providing hot, nutritious meals to homebound elderly and disabled persons in Duval County. This position will be directly responsible for referrals regarding potential clients. Primary functions are also to include outreach, client eligibility, client education regarding funding, file maintenance, client counseling, nutrition education, and any other duties needed to support the daily operations of the Meals on Wheels Program.
- Bachelor’s Degree or applicable experience
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license
- Must have a current Motor Vehicle Record with no more than two (2) moving violations and no more than one (1) at fault accidents within the past three (3) years. No DUI’s or DWI’s reported within the last five (5) years.
- Must possess excellent communication and people skills
- Must be organized and team oriented
- Proficiency in computer programs, including Microsoft office
- Attention to detail and data accuracy is a must
- Must submit to Level 2 background screening, drug testing and National Sex Offender Public Registry screening.
- Make evaluations on referrals, determining eligibility per appropriate program guidelines.
- Provide information and referral on clients needing additional social services.
- Act as liaison with other social service case managers/agencies for services.
- Verify services in place for 100% of deliveries made.
- Educate clients regarding client contribution opportunity.
- Handle client complaints when possible.
- Make eligibility re-determination on schedule as required by funding agencies.
- Check for client files and records appropriate to funding sources.
- Maintain client files and records/reports appropriate to funding sources.
- Provide outreach, nutrition education and public education as necessary, to make eligible individuals aware of their own needs and services available.
- Visit volunteer sites on a routine basis.
- Assist in the development of new volunteer satellite centers for delivery of meals.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Program Director MOW with monthly reports to funding agencies.
- Assist drivers with contacting the homes of clients
- Assist Program Director with overall program operations.
- Cross train with other clerical/support to provide backup for other positions and departments to provide continuity for all Aging True operations.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Due to circumstances that may arise, overtime maybe required at times. In all cases, overtime must be pre-approved by your supervisor.
- Requires visiting potential MOW clients in their homes to complete assessments/referrals almost on a daily basis.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Requires sitting at a computer for up to eight hours a day.
- The person in this position will occasionally (takes up to one-third of their time) to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with clients who have inquiries or questions. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Lifting capability of 25 to 50 pounds
Anyone with these skills who is interested in a challenging and highly rewarding work experience where every day provides an opportunity for growth, is encouraged to submit their resume to email@example.com with the Subject Line “MOW Cert Specialist”. Closing date June 30, 2019.