Do you have a passion for Nutrition as well as Helping Seniors? For forty years Aging True’s Meals on Wheels Department has been providing hot, nutritious meals to home bound elderly and disabled persons in Duval County. This position main responsibility will be coordinating referrals regarding potential clients. Primary functions are to also include client outreach, client eligibility, client education regarding funding, file maintenance, client counseling, nutrition education, and any other duties needed to support the daily operations of the Meals on Wheels Program.
- Bachelor’s Degree or applicable experience
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license
- Must have a current Motor Vehicle Record with no more than two (2) moving violations and no more than one (1) at fault accidents within the past three (3) years. No DUI’s or DWI’s reported within the last five (5) years.
- Must possess excellent communication and people skills
- Must be organized and team oriented
- Proficiency in computer programs, including Microsoft office
- Attention to detail and data accuracy is a must
- Demonstration of food safety and the ability to train and implement requirements
- Must submit to Level 2 background screening, drug testing and National Sex Offender Public Registry screening.
- Make evaluations on referrals, determining eligibility per appropriate program guidelines.
- Provide information and referral on clients needing additional social services.
- Act as liaison with other social service case managers/agencies for services.
- Verify services in place for 100% of deliveries made.
- Educate clients regarding client contribution opportunity.
- Handle client complaints when possible.
- Make eligibility re-determination on schedule as required by funding agencies.
- Check for client files and records appropriate to funding sources.
- Maintain client files and records/reports appropriate to funding sources.
- Provide outreach, nutrition education and public education as necessary, to make eligible individuals aware of their own needs and services available.
- Visit volunteer sites on a routine basis.
- Assist in the development of new volunteer satellite centers for delivery of meals.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Program Director MOW with monthly reports to funding agencies.
- Assist drivers with contacting the homes of clients
- Assist Program Director with overall program operations.
- Cross train with other clerical/support to provide backup for other positions and departments to provide continuity for all Aging True operations.
Measurable Evaluation of Performance:
- Complete a minimum of (10) 701A referrals weekly
- Confirm that 100% of 701A assessments are completed on time
- Completes all required pre-service & at least 4 hours of in-service training annually
- Demonstrate safety, courtesy, and professionalism in all aspects of your job
- Must report any “at fault” moving violations or accidents within 30 days of occurrence. Violations and/or accidents that occur while conducting business on behalf of the organization must be reported immediately. Must submit to annual DMV screening of driving record.
- Meets established deadlines for the completion of all documentation, including: telephone screenings, annual reassessments, incident reports, vehicle logs, route books, and leave requests.
- DOEA Assessment training completion will be required within 90 days of hire
- Achieve tardiness and attendance standard established by the organization.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Due to circumstances that may arise, overtime maybe required at times. In all cases, overtime must be pre-approved by your supervisor.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Requires sitting at a computer for up to eight hours a day.
- The person in this position will occasionally (takes up to one-third of their time) to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with clients who have inquiries or questions. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Lifting capability of 25 to 50 pounds
Anyone with these skills that is interested in a challenging and highly rewarding work experience where every day provides an opportunity for growth is encouraged to submit their resume to email@example.com with the title “Certification Specialist“. The closing date for this position is February 28, 2019.
AGING TRUE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
AGING TRUE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AGING TRUE IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE