Aging True is looking for the right person to join our team as an Assistant Director of Nursing for the Home Health Agency.
The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) is responsible for assisting the DON with the overall planning, direction, coordination, management and supervision of all clinical functions and services provided by Aging True’s Home Health Agency. Salary is dependent upon experience and education.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing with a current license in the State of Florida
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of home care experience and two (2) years supervisory experience
- Strong compliance background
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, additional languages an asset
- Must have valid state driver’s license and proof of current automobile insurance
- Current health certificate/physical examination, TB testing results and CPR card
- Must successfully pass a level II AHCA criminal background and drug screen
General responsibilities of the Director of Nursing:
- Assures Agency compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Supervises all clinical activities and staff.
- Provides guidance and support for supervisory, clinical and office staff.
- Communicates regularly with the Administrator and submits reports as requested.
- Aids in the Agency’s goal of retaining qualified personnel by appropriately hiring, orienting, training, evaluating and disciplining personnel according to Agency policy.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and standards including but not limited to the CMS Conditions of Participation.
- Participates in the review, analysis and appraisal of the effectiveness of the total Agency program.
- Participates in short-range and long-range Agency planning.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Ensures that care and service delivery meets patients’ needs and is in compliance with professional practice standards.
- Ensures coordination of care by all healthcare team members.
- Assists in the review, and revision of policies and procedures for health care delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of information in compliance with HIPAA regulations and Agency policies and procedures.
- Active participant in the Agency’s Quality Assurance program
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am.-5:00pm, some overtime may be required.
- Requires extended periods of time at a computer.
- Use of personal vehicle for business travel throughout Northeast Florida.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with clients who have inquiries or questions. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
If interested and qualified, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference ADON in the subject line.