PRN Opportunities Available
This position assists functionally impaired adults with activities of daily living while they are visiting our Adult Day Care Centers in Clay County (Green Cove Springs). These services will include but are not limited to assisting with ambulation, toileting and eating of designated meals, participating in daily scheduled Day Care activities with attendees and foremost ensuring those attendees have an overall safe and enjoyable experience.
- Valid State of Florida CNA certification or an approved HHA certification
- Current CPR Card training with hands on demonstration required
- Must have a high school diploma minimum.
- Must be willing to use personal vehicle for organizational travel.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must submit to DOEA/AHCA background checks and drug screening.
- Knowledge of basic infection control procedures
- Takes an active role in coordination and completion of scheduled daily activities and programs of the Day Care.
- Facilitates Day Care attendees’ involvement in approved Day Care Activities.
- Ensures meals are provided to clients and dining areas are cleaned according to Dept of Health and DOEA regulations
- Personal care tasks to include assisting persons with toileting and eliminations; assistance with dressing, eating, safe transfer techniques and ambulation and normal range of motion and positioning
- Assistance with self administered medication
- Complete reports detailing services for billing, tracking and administrative purposes
- Attends pre-service and in-service training as required by position
- Reading and recording temperature, pulse and respiration
- Recording Nutrition and fluid intakes
- Food preparation as needed
- Submission of required documentation and reports as required
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Complete the required weekly paperwork, on time and in a neat and legible manner
- Complete all required training, and successfully applies knowledge gained to work environments
- Ability to demonstrate courtesy, respect and politeness in interacting with our clients and company staff members
- Expected to follow safe work practices at all times, especially when providing services like (personal care)
- Maintain updated copies of their certifications, CPR cards, CEU’s, drivers insurance, driver’s license etc.
- Achieve tardiness and attendance standard established by the organization
- Report all client related issues to the Program Supervisor immediately
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Adult Day Care operating hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Due to circumstances that may arise, overtime maybe required at times.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with clients who have inquiries or questions. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to lift 25 to 50 pounds.
- Will receive pre-service training and orientation on operational aspects of Aging True as well as training needed per funding source contract.
- Will attend provided in-service training as needed per funding source contract pertinent to duties as time permits.
Anyone with these skills who is interested in a challenging and highly rewarding work experience where every day provides an opportunity for growth, is encouraged to submit their resume via Ziprecruiter or email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line “ADHC CNA/HHA Jan 2020“