Summary: This is a full-time non-supervisory position which is responsible for ensuring accurate accounting records with regard to the position’s area of responsibility. This position’s area of responsibility consists of performing a variety of tasks which include but are not limited to heavy emphasis on all aspects of accounts payable, vendor maintenance/inquiries, proper coding to the GL accounts, multitasking, maintaining good relationships with customers, clients and vendors, preparing financial reports and aiding the Accounting Manager in the monthly close. These duties require the ability to perform a variety of clerical and accounting tasks by applying the accepted and/or approved policies and procedures of the accounting department.
Qualifications/Requirements: Minimum qualifications include a high school diploma and three (3) years of office/clerical experience. Additional fiscal and accounting experience preferred. College level training in accounting is highly desirable. The candidate must successfully complete all pre-hire screenings. The candidate must also pass level II background screening and re-screen every five years. Qualified candidates also:
- Must have math, reading and writing abilities
- Must be able to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and technical terminology
- Must have proficiency and accuracy in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and 10-key calculator
- Must be able to perform a volume of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy, to make difficult mathematical computations with and without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to prepare financial and other records in a systematic, neat, legible manner
- Must be able to follow company and client policies, rules and regulations.
- Must have working knowledge of financial concepts, practices and procedures, with the ability to apply them according to the policy and procedures of the accounting department and/or organization
- Must be able prioritize multiple tasks/projects and rely on judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals efficiently and accurately
- Must be able to communicate on multiple levels using a variety of methods effectively with customers, clients and vendors
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of accounting information
- Job requires employee to handle customer complaints quickly and satisfactorily
- Job requires employee to receive and/or distribute funds related to the assigned area of responsibility
- Job requires employee to post disbursements and/or receipts and general journal transactions to the general ledger accounts from supporting data
- Job requires employee to verify financial reports (i.e. computer printouts, vendor statements, invoices, general ledger account balances) reflecting status of various accounts
- Job requires employee to pre-audit input data or other reports for clerical accuracy and conformance to departmental, county, state and/or federal procedures
- Job requires employee to prepare and mail disbursements, statements and/or any miscellaneous documents that are applicable to area of responsibility
- Job requires employee to maintain files and/or documentation with regards to departmental accounting records
- Job requires employee to reconcile input data and general ledger accounts
- Job requires employee to prepare financial reports with regards to accounts receivable and/or accounts payable for purposes of analysis within the department and/or organization
- Job may require employee to prepare summary sheets or other work papers for supervisor’s or auditor’s use in preparing comprehensive financial statements
- Job requires employee to be able to perform other duties as assigned
- Job requires employee to assist in annual audits
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Accounting general hours of operation are Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. – 5p.m.
- Due to circumstances that may arise, overtime maybe required at times. In all cases, overtime must be pre-approved by your supervisor.
- Must be able to see both near and far.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds with minimal effort following required safety guidelines.
- Must be able to work in an office environment.
- Must be able to bend or stoop frequently at many intervals during the day.
- Must be able to twist and rotate 180 degrees during each day.
- Must be able to sit at and work on the computer for at least 8 hours a day.
- Must be able to handle stress when confronted with emergency situations with which speed is essential.
If interested in this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line “Accounts 7/2019”.